Welcome to the 2's Room
About The Room
These are just a few of the areas in the 2s room. The 2s room is open plan however is sectioned off into areas. Our areas include:-
- A messy area where the children have access to a variety of messy and craft activities such as gloop, play dough, paint ect.
- A snack area where we all sit down together to have snack and encourage independence.
- A gross motor area such as a climbing frame, there is also other physical activities provided depending on what the rooms planning is.
- A story corner where the children have the opportunity to read stories with their friends and play with the puppets.
- An outdoor area which is accessed daily and in all weathers.
- A changing area.
- A sleep area.
With all of the areas in the nursery we encourage and promote Health and Well Being, Literacy and Numeracy.
Our Room Routine
8.30 - 9.00 Come into the room and set up
9.45-10.00 Snack/ Tooth brushing
10.45 Start Nappies
11.15 Tidy/ altogether time
1.00 Come back from lunch, Put children going to sleep down
1.45-2.00 Snack/Tooth brushing ( for pm children)
3.15 Tidy up/altogether time
4.00 Children come into the 3-5 room
We have 2 "altogether" times in a day. This allows all children who come to nursery that day to sit together in a group at least once in the day. Our altogether time consists of singing, a story, playing a group game or doing a physical exercise together. Before we sit down to have our altogether time, we sing a special song to get everyone's attention. The link for this song is below.
Within the 2s Room we have four Key Groups. Each Group has a Keyworker who is responsible for documenting the learning of the children within their group.
The Keyworkers in the 2s room are:
- Julia Marshall
- Tracey Grant
- Megan Aitken
- Yazmin Burns
Some useful links and tips
Below are a few links to some helpful tips from the NHS. Their is information on:
- Toilet training
- Positive ways to deal with challenging behaviour and tantrums
- Separation anxiety (this could be when a child is starting nursery for the first time)
- Why play is important and different play ideas to use
Their are also links for:
- Introducing your toddler to a new sibling
- Advice on services and support for parents
|Usefull links and tips||[pdf 128KB]|